Incorrect settings of your Outlook account can make you wonder why Outlook is not working or not responding. To get rid of this problem, you can follow the series of steps mentioned under:
1. Close the current Outlook session running on your device and start it in Safe Mode.
2. Go to Outlook settings and check if it is configured correctly.
3. Turn off your Outlook add-ons.
4. Ensure that you have closed all the running programs on your device.
5. Repair Outlook data files.
6. Try reducing the size of your mailbox and Outlook data file.